Sunday, November 6, 2011

Research for Project 2


























Thinking about this project made me want to do some sort of bike rental & roller blade rental business.  I used to live in Warrenville and went to Geneva quite a bit and my husband and I bike on the path along the Fox in the summer.  So I was looking at the bike shops to see if they had rentals available and specifically Mill Race Cyclery, because it's such a cool shop.  Their website was awful, but when I was looking I noticed that the Mill Race Inn had closed and was CRUSHED!  That place was so unique and awesome and after some research found out it has been a restaurant for 75 years.  Sadly it has been closed since January.  Anyway...I figured this place that I almost had my wedding reception at needed to be reborn, so I will be using it for Project 2.

My daughter and I drove to Geneva on Saturday afternoon, perfect with the setting sun to take some photos. Then she got mad at me for never taking her there when it was open :(

The last pic is her running to the jeep...I told her there was a ghost...he he he! 

1 comment:

  1. Angie
    This is sad but I am glad you are resurrecting it with your project. Who knows, because of you, someone might find it and buy it!

    ReplyDelete